Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Why Winter is Better

Okay first of all, white stuff falls from the sky and that should be enough. And that white stuff is so beautiful. I remember one day when it was snowing so beautifully one night, I came out the door and stepped on the fresh sheet of snow with my fuzzy socks and admired the silent snow falling in masses. It was so quiet. I didn’t dare disturb the beauty of that moment by yodeling my name for the entire empty street to hear. It was so beautiful that I pulled over my jacket, replaced my fuzzy socks with shoes, and trekked into the street to have a better look at the magical weather. I trudged up the street, admiring the squeaky sound my foot made against the snow.  I looked up. I saw an endless amount of snowflakes brightening the dark purple sky and I’d be crazy if I didn’t stick my tongue out.  And then I looked down. I saw glittering amber snow reflecting the light of a tall lamplight and I was blissfully happy. So happy in fact, that I couldn’t bother stressing about the essay that needed my urgent attention.

After a good thirty minutes of heaven, my neighbors came out to shovel their driveway and expressed their concern with their subtle but worried glances. After some reasoning with myself, I decided that maybe I really should finish that essay and walked up my driveway, into my cozy house. I said goodbye to that winter wonderland, and thought about how much I love this season of winter.


xx Cinny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment